Katanning: Young boy rescued by emergency services after being stuck in chimney
A young boy was rescued from the chimney of a Katanning home on Sunday after he became trapped as he attempted to climb up the inside.
The eight-year-old was freed by police and firefighters after they removed the chimney wall brick by brick.
Emergency services were called to the home about 10am after the adventurous youngster became wedged at the chimney choke point.
His mother and siblings were home at the time and called for help after discovering the youngster trapped and struggling to breath.
The boy was able to be extracted through the opening and was taken to Katanning Regional Hospital as a precaution.
He is now recovering at home with his family.
“Absolutely fantastic job done by all involved with the best possible outcome,” Katanning Police tweeted yesterday.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails